We got the party started with some Frosted Cheerios, while the big people ate BBQ. I think they were more excited about being downstairs than anything!
The party theme was Trains. I got this great bundt pan that makes individual cars. My decorating skills could stand some improvement, but overall I thought it turned out pretty cute.

Things really got started when we opened the presents. We have some really exciting things to play with now! Of course, no party would be complete without a football game on in the background.

Davis liked the alphabet train the best!

Carter got to take the first spin on it!

We then took off the boys nice outfits and let them try their first bites of cake. Carter immediately attacked all of the candy on it before we could even take 1 picture. Maisie was just biding her time.

Carter stuffed himself with cake until he just couldn't go on. At first he could barely stay awake...but it didn't take long for that sugar to kick in! Oh the humanity!

Davis, was a little more impatient with his!

Evan preferred the icing more than the cake. I was just amazed they kept their hats on!

After the cake, we hosed them down and went upstairs to play with our new toys before going to bed. Next year maybe we can try candles on the cake :)



3 comments:
That looks really cute. I am VERY impressed by the cake!
PS Ava did get chosen to be a mouse in the Nutcracker. I didn't want ot put it on the other blog and bore everyone with my kid updates.
How fun! I love the train theme...
PS. You girls aren't boring anybody with baby stuff, I'll have you know...we are an Equal Opportunity Blog
Oh my gosh - what a fun birthday party! I'm impressed you even found the time to bake the cake yourself!
Post a Comment