Friday, August 28, 2009

Closet Clean Out

I was going through the boys' old Halloween costumes, some hand-me-downs and bins of my old stuff this weekend. I had three little helpers in the process. Here's how that ended up...

One super hero:


One gnaked gnome:


And one beautiful princess:


Actually, he said he was Abby Cadabby.

Sorry, Davis, I didn't encourage you at all...you specifically asked to wear it. So, I obliged (and then ran to get the camera).

Don't ask me why I still have my ballet costumes from when I was 12. I still have all of my Barbies too. *Sigh*. Actually, it is my mom that saved all of this stuff. Then slowly she started dropping these large storage containers at my house!

I have precious little storage space here and I'm starting to think that half of it should not be taken up by "girl toys". Although, I admit I sometimes want to play with my Barbie Dream Store set.

Hey, maybe I can just trade my brother...his girls can have the Barbies, and The Spankys can have his old He-Mans! I'm sure a storage bin was dropped off with him too.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ha ha! He does look like Abby Cadabby! Get that boy some wings!
I too have tubs of Barbies, Cabbage Patch Kids, Sweet Valley High Books, my dollhouse,and other girl toys in my attic. I think my mom saved everything, and I don't even have a niece to pass this stuff on to!