Saturday, January 2, 2010

Seen and Heard


Carter does not have a problem with confidence.  He will take the credit for just about anything.  I let him help me make a cake one day.  Which really means, that he got to hold an egg and stir the batter a few times.  Later as we all sat down to eat the cake...

Carter:  Hey, you need to say thank you to Carter.
Kyle:  Oh sorry, yes we should all thank Carter.
Davis, Evan, Kyle, Me:  Thank you Carter for the cake.
Kyle: We should probably thank mommy too, don't you think?
Carter:  Mommy, you are a good cutter.

Gosh Carter, we wouldn't want to overstate my involvement in the endeavor.

At Easter, my mom had a cute little vase full of bluebonnets from her yard.  Carter looked across the table at my Aunt Jody and said "I picked these beautiful flowers for you."

Carter can also be very sneaky at times.  He adores Gigi's Christmas tree...it has about 10,000 ornaments on it and he feels compelled inspect each one.  Here was an exchange this past Christmas:

Papa:  Carter, are you supposed to be doing that?
Carter:  Where's Mommy?
Papa:  In the kitchen.
Carter:  Where's Gigi?
Papa:  In the kitchen.
Carter:  Papa, you go in the kitchen.

**********************************************************************


Davis is the smooth talker.  He can schmooze anyone, and loves being praised for being a good boy (especially while someone else is in trouble).
I took him and Carter to the dentist right before Christmas.  Here was the conversation.

Dentist:  Carter, what do you want Santa to bring you?
Carter:  A car!!  (shocking I know)
Dentist:  And Davis, what do you want Santa to bring you?
Davis:  [in his sweetest voice] Ummm, uhhh, a tooooothbrush.
Dentist:  [dies laughing]  Wow, you really know how to sweet talk a dentist!!


***********************************************************************


The kids love Noggin (it's a kid's TV channel).  I'm pretty certain I let them watch waaaaaay too much TV, but whatever...I'm still just trying to survive most days.

Anyway, we all walked in to preschool the other day in our usual unstable hand-holding chain.  As we turn into the long hall for our classroom, Evan shouts "IT'S KAI LAN!!!!!!!!"  

I cringed and looked up knowing that I was going to be staring at the cute as a button (and only) little Asian girl in the school.  Luckily, she was at the other end of the hall, and I quickly said "yeah she does have a Kai Lan backpack" and shuffled them into their room. 


No comments: