Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Seen & Heard: The Carter Chronicles

I guess I need to turn off the 24 hour cable news.  Carter painted this picture, smashed it up, and called it "Oil Spill":




**********************************************************************************

You know how little kids say some words wrong and it makes you laugh because it is just so weird.  For example, the boys say "grinch" instead of brunch.   Well, Carter has one that I think should actually be a new word:   lasterday.  What he really means is yesterday, but I think it could mean: the day before yesterday.

**********************************************************************************

Carter is my most competitive one and he is especially proud of how fast he can eat.  So, I often say yes you are a fast eater and then I try to name something that Davis & Evan are good at too.  Davis chimed in with "like Evan is a good reader, and I'm good at fixing things, and Mommy, you are a good driver."  Kyle just about choked when he heard that one.

**********************************************************************************

The kids like to use my cell phone now to "call people."  The other day in the car Carter wanted it so that he could call Santa.  His conversation went like this.  "Hi Santa,  I want every kind of toy for Christmas...pause...BUT I JUST AM BEING A GOOD BOY!!!"  Hmmm, guilty conscience?  Somehow, I don't think arguing with Santa is going to help his cause.
**********************************************************************************

Mommy:  Carter, where are you?

Mommy:  Carter.

Mommy:  Carter!

Mommy:  CARTER!!!

Carter:  I'M ON THE PHONE!!

Seriously, when did we move into the pre-teen stage?  I got a little nervouse that he actually was on the phone because their school recently taught them how to dial 911 (would have liked some advance warning on that one!).   But luckily I fould him just playing with Hot Wheels.

No comments: