Friday, June 5, 2009

A Toddler Mom's Dream Come True

I always make fun of Kyle for living by the tenet: If a little is good, then a lot must be better. This is especially true when it comes to glue and dinner portions ;)

Anyway, I noticed the day before that Target had their generic diapers on clearance for $9.50 a box. (Those little red stickers at Target make my heart beat fast!) The same size box of Pampers is ~$29!! So, I had him stop in while he was waiting on a prescription.

In all fairness, I did tell him to get ALL size 5 boxes he could find (thinking there would only be a few on the shelves). Little did I know he would ask the clerk if they had more in the back!


He said he got a lot of really weird looks while trying to manage 2 carts overloaded with diapers. Plus, he only had 1 kid with him at the time, who was arm deep in a box of Teddy Grahams.

I must admit, that it is really nice to not worry every week or so if we are running low on diapers!! Can you believe this will only last us six months though? Luckily, at least Evan will be in this size until he is in kindergarten (which is about when I will be ready to potty train them).

Now I just need a year's worth of bottled water/canned goods and our fallout shelter will be complete.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

LOL! That is so great! I may have to make a Target run today!

mpannek said...

OMG Audrey.... that is HYSTERICAL!!! Now where are you storing them??? I haven't tried Target diapers... maybe I should!