Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Toddler Torture Tactics

Have I mentioned my kids don't eat ANYTHING? I think they have a secret stash of Cheerios somewhere...or maybe they've hooked up with a Goldfish dealer at preschool. (I hear the street name for them is "Nemos"). The Spankys don't look malnourished, but I don't ever see them eat anything. I'm just saying, it's odd.

Lately, we have been doing the whole "if you eat 1 bite of _____, you can have a Special Treat".

Anyway, as of late Carter is the only one brave enough take us up on the offer. It usually goes like this:

1) He quickly pops the dreaded substance into in his mouth (e.g. chunk of apple, half of a noodle - you know, really torturous stuff)

2) He immediately throws his hands up in the air like he is some Fear Factor food challenge champion

3) He proceeds to gag as we come running with a towel

4) He chokes it down

5) He screams "Special Treat!"

Here he is with a highly disturbing and darn near perfect 'stache/beard combo after the much loved chocolate ice cream cone reward. Kyle and I were dying laughing, but he just looked at us like we were crazy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ha! That 'stach combo is perfect! Love all the dramatics you described- too funny!